Welcome to the (new) RMPrepUSB.com website
This site also contains over 150 articles (mostly about USB booting and grub4dos).
Note: All article download files here <<< if you cannot find a file mentioned in any article then try here.
Please use the Site Map to see all the content on this site.
- Looking for a Legacy\UEFI multiboot USB solution with UEFI Secure Boot support?
- Try Easy2Boot (includes E2B, agFM and Ventoy menu systems)
- Boot 99% of all ISOs from your E2B USB drive (and .VHD, .WIM, .EFI, .IMA, .IMG, etc.)
- Get the eBooks (PDFs) from here with Exercises, downloads and instructions, etc.
- eBook includes details of common BIOS bugs which many people are unaware of.
Popular pages on this site (newer pages have higher numbers):
007 – FakeFlashTest – test a USB flash drive to see if it is a fake
021 – Guide to grub4dos
054 – How to fix write-protected read-only drives and SD cards
089 – Restore a Windows (Legacy\MBR) system with just one key press
124 – Cold boot attack – capture DIMM contents to a file even if the system was switched off!
137 – A grub2 tutorial
142 – Restore Windows (UEFI\GPT) system with just one keypress
143 – Modify any WinPE WIM Desktop without changing the ISO!
147 – How to patch and compile Ventoy
— – a1ive grub2 commands and notes
RMPrepUSB is a Windows 32-bit utility to partition and format a drive (especially USB drives).
- Install/repair boot code
- Clear write-protect\read-only drive flags
- Sector editor
- SD cards can be up to 10% faster (when formatted as FAT32)
- Test for ‘Fake’ size drives
- Fix various USB boot issues
- Run a 32-bit MBR Emulator to boot from a USB drive (QEMU) with full write access
- Includes the command line utility RMPartUSB.exe
Downloads (Windows executable .exe)
Latest version is RMPrepUSB 2.1.745A (which has small bugfix in RMPartUSB v2.1.751 2021-08-23)
Zipped downloads (to avoid false positive virus detection)
Tip: Right-click on link and choose ‘Save link as…’ if problems.